This page will walk you through the application process for Krypted Gaming.
If you’re here for Krypted Lite, our training corporation, click here.
Before you apply, we highly encourage you to read a little bit about our community and other groups you may be interested in. We have found that players who research all of their options and make educated decisions end up enjoying their time here a lot more and stick around for years to come.
There are many places to learn about us,
- Our blog posts, guides, and other articles
- Our monthly updates (seriously, you should read these)
- Reading the basics about our community
- In-game statistics like zKillboard
- Asking other groups about us
Ultimately, if you’re tired of hopping from group to group, do some research!
Because we’ve been playing together for many years, most of our community is composed of veteran players. Due to this, we’re not a great environment for new players, there are many other groups that specialize in training them. If you’re looking at applying, we expect you to have the following:
- Well-skilled primary character. You should be able to cover 1-2 PvP roles (dps, anti-tackle, utility, etc) in a nanogang and large fleet setting.
- Second utility character. This may be a scanning character, sabre alt, or logistics cruiser. You should have at least two accounts.
- Experience in a small gang or fleet setting OR experience in wormholes. Both are highly recommended.
- Proactive mindset. We don’t want ping warriors, we want pilots who proactively hunt for content.
- Active daily between 20:00-02:00. We’re primarily recruiting UK and US players, so we’re looking for people active around those times.
If you’re under 50m SP, we consider you a new player. Due to the nature of our corporation, we fly a ton of different ships to obtain content. This means that you’ll be heavily limited in ship choices, and need to be able to perform one or more of the following roles at a competent mechanical level:
- Command destroyer (booshing, skirmish command for other tackle)
- Electronic warfare (Bhaalgorn/Curse OR Rook/Scorpion)
- Logistics (dual-boxing logistics cruisers highly recommended)
For newer players looking to join, if you don’t already have a second account, you should create one and start training it before applying. The fastest turnaround is a Sabre pilot.
Note on Recruitment
Our recruitment policy is slow, steady growth of quality pilots. Sometimes, we’ve just recruited a handful of pilots and we’re not looking to recruit more. Maybe we just recruited a new player and aren’t looking for any new projects- new players take a significant amount of focus.
Don’t take it personal if we reject a solid application or refer you to another group. Always chat with us in Discord to learn about our current recruitment situation!
1. Create an Authentication Account
Krypted Authentication is our custom web application to manage our community.
We use it to automatically sync permissions and groups, manage all of our community processes, and track in-game activity to provide useful insights.
2. Apply to a Group
Some groups in our community are closed, like EVE Online and Rust, and require an application.
- Click Groups on the authentication website
- Click Apply for the group you’d like to apply to
- Fill out your application
After you’ve submitted your application, wait patiently for a response. For EVE Online we usually get back to you within 24 hours, while Rust can take up to a week depending on wipe schedule.
Interviews act as another layer to increase retention and ensure that players are a good fit for us.
They’re very relaxed, and mostly just answering your questions!
If you need help at any time through this process, join our Discord and ask. We’re here to help you!